BEST PRACTICE 1
Creating and Caring for Healthy Life!
“Creating and Caring for Healthy Life”
- To enhance quality of life in society.
- To inculcate social values and responsibilities.
- To organize social events for promoting holistic development of society.
- To create opportunities for the students for social interactions.
- To strengthen team work amongst students and encourage participation.
WHO promotes concept of high quality life; Being pharmacy institute we develop responsible and accountable pharmacists. Our prime social objective is to create awareness in the existing tribal population and extending care that lead to healthy and quality life.
The social activities play a vital role in the development of human values in students. It boosts confidence and teaches to co-operate and work with people in different conditions. They learn to face the challenges that come in educational and career life through extension and outreach programs; we sensitize the students to develop social values, their responsibilities and knowledge towards societal issues and engaging them to be involved with the people of the community. Students with profound interest attain the social values and responsibility. Above all, the students get hold of social justice, values, responsibility and sustainability. While pursuing these activities in college along with education, students learn prioritization and time management skills too. These academically and co-circularly talented students have well-groomed personality, which helps them to face the world in a better way.
To achieve the objectives ,we visits different villages and render their social services to the community by organizing “Health Awareness Camps” includes Awareness of Hygiene during Menstruation, Prevalence of Malnutrition in Children, Dengue and Malaria Awareness, TB Awareness- Street Play, Social Activity at Ashram School on occasion of World Tribal Day, Street play on Road Safety, Investigation of Cognitive Development in the students of Tribal region, Lung function Test in adolescent students, Stress Management among Adolescent girls. For conducting such activities, we trained our students for pharmacy practice.
These students are engaged in the extension activities. Further, we have collaboration with 100 bed Indira Memorial Hospital, Lioness Club and some other organizations where we conduct different Health check-up camps includes Estimation of Hemoglobin, Blood Group Detection, Blood Pressure Measurement, Estimation of BMI, metabolic syndrome, Estimation of lipid profile, Estimation of Blood Sugar etc.
Evidence of Success
The Institute has observed successful outcomes in Social Activities in the last few years;
- The students experienced improvement in their social responsibilities
- More than 500 girl students benefitted from programs includes personal hygiene during menstruation.
- Blood donation camp organized every year collects more than 200 units. This program is organized on the occasion of birthday of trust President.
- Every year, more than 100 students benefitted from blood group and hemoglobin detection camps
- The success of the programs is noted by print and electronic media.
Problems encountered and resources required
Availability of limited funds/ Funding sources for organizing such activities.
- To get the maximum and active participation from tribal people.
- Poor literacy.